Oct 012012

Crystal Delights Toys - an innovative new twist in sex toys!

Full Disclosure: Crystal Delights is a favorite Erotication sponsor & I’m personally a huge fan of their business model, they’re high quality products and their awesome founders. That being said, I only promote businesses that I would recommend personally! When did you first get the idea for Crystal Delights Toys? Crystal Delights actually first started […]

Con-Tribes – Temporary Community

Posted by on September 19, 2012
Sep 192012

Con-Tribes - Temporary Community

We most often think of community in a permanent way.  Whether we’re talking neighborhoods or social networks, the idea is the community is always there.  You can be a part of it for years, and at levels varying from lurker to leader.  Munches are going on all the time, parties happen, people chat online, and […]

Giving Kink a Black Eye

Posted by on September 11, 2012
Sep 112012

Giving Kink a Black Eye

WARNING…WARNING!!! I’m going to talk about race and I’m likely to say a few things some of you may not want to hear. As much as American society likes to claim we’re moving or have already moved into a post-racial era (we have a Black President after all), the fact remains that many of our […]

Protecting Against Predators

Posted by on September 5, 2012
Sep 052012

Protecting Against Predators

If you have ever been out and about in the kink community, poly community, and even the queer community, you have probably run across the concept of predators within the community. Every community has them; every community SHOULD have their own ways of dealing with them, or at least protecting the community from them. Sadly, […]

White Washed Communities

Posted by on August 19, 2012
Aug 192012

White Washed Communities

When I hang out in my communities of “alternative sexuality” (read: folks that tend to identify as kinky, queer and/or non-monogamous), I see a sea of White. Not white as in contrast to the black of the leather, or the rainbow of gayness. No, I see lots and lots of Caucasian folks. And folks, this […]

An Object Lesson: Objectifying Kink

Posted by on August 11, 2012
Aug 112012

An Object Lesson: Objectifying Kink

In William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice, Shylock muses “If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?” after being mocked and derided for his outsider status as a Jew. Many in the BDSM community are left asking the same […]

Choosing a Name

Posted by on August 5, 2012
Aug 052012

Choosing a Name

What is it with names?  In the world of BDSM we have the opportunity to choose our own names, something rare in the rest of our lives.  The names we choose speak volumes.  Yes there are photos, art, and other creative ways to describe ourselves, but our names come first.  We choose scene names to […]

Who is a sex worker?

Posted by on July 27, 2012
Jul 272012

Who is a sex worker?

Language is something that is constantly fascinating to me. The way we use it, the way it shapes us, the way we can choose to shape it. Language is particularly fascinating when it comes to “sex work”. The term sex worker can be polarizing, both within the sex work community and outside of it. There […]

But Aren’t Lesbians So Boring?

Posted by on July 15, 2012
Jul 152012

But Aren’t Lesbians So Boring?

I hate how we, within our communities, works so hard to police, to judge, and to ultimately tear our own communities apart. Heck, who needs the conservatives and the far right to bring us down, when truly, we are already working as small groups to tear us apart from the inside? Just the other day, […]

Jul 082012

Community, What the hell does that mean?

The world is incredibly big, and we?  We are individuals, small in the big picture.  To deal with that, we develop ideas that help us get along.  We develop the idea of family, of community, of national identity.  Each idea fits in context to shape our experiences in life.  This is true for kinksters as […]