Leather Women

Posted by on September 22, 2013
Sep 222013

Leather Women

When asked about “leather culture,” one might conjure up images of black leather jackets, motorcycle clubs, strict hierarchies, and ultra-masculine men. In the world of kink, “leather” and “leather culture” can be a confusing and controversial topic. It’s a concept inundated with history and steeped in beliefs and practices that come from a variety of […]

Sep 142013

SUBMIT TO CINEKINK! - Call for Entries - CineKink 2014 / Eleventh Edition

CineKink –“the kinky film festival”–is seeking films and videos, of any length and genre, that explore and celebrate a wide diversity of sexuality. Dedicated to the recognition and encouragement of sex-positive and kink-friendly depictions in film and television, we’re looking to blur some boundaries and will be considering offerings drawn from both Hollywood and beyond, […]

Community  Comments Off on SUBMIT TO CINEKINK! – Call for Entries – CineKink 2014 / Eleventh Edition

What Did You Call Me?

Posted by on August 20, 2013
Aug 202013

What Did You Call Me?

by Amethyst Wonder

We are sons, daughters, teachers, students, mothers, fathers, lovers, geeks, people of color, introverts, extroverts, wives, husbands. We are also queers, pervs, kinksters, sluts, butches, femmes, sissies, sadists, masochists, dominants, submissives, masters, mistresses, slaves, puppies, ponies. But what does that mean?

Aug 062013

Performative Non Performance; musings on sexual play in public

I am a fan of public play.  I like what other people bring to spaces.  The energy, the voyeurism, a sexy soundtrack.   I also like the safety that comes with public play.  Knowing that if something went wrong there would be back up close by.  So I wind up doing the vast majority of my […]

Community  Comments Off on Performative Non Performance; musings on sexual play in public

A Rose By Any Other Name…

Posted by on July 22, 2013
Jul 222013

A Rose By Any Other Name…

By Shanna Katz

As of late, there has been a lot of discussion around the new Google+ policy of requiring “real names” from all of its’ users, which seems to have morphed into the requirement of “legal names.” There isn’t any exact and specific policy that defines a “real” name, and thousands of people have lost their profiles

Jun 242013

Getting What You Want - 3 Things NOT to do

by AliceSin Aerie

The most sure-fire way to get what you want out of any interaction is breathtakingly simple: make the other party want to give it to you.
Anyone can use negative tactics & force get what they want in the short term, the savvy kinkster creates positive experiences to forge connections that keep on giving over time. To that end, I’ve listed my top three pet peeves in the community – the best thing about these negative behaviors is that they are great examples of what not to do.

Jun 222013

3 Biggest Myths on Having the STI/STD Conversation...Debunked

All of the links in the article are connected to free PassionateU.com videos, some of them are NSFW (aka explicit!) There are a lot of awkward conversations we might have in life. Socially taboo topics can be difficult to discuss or talk without feeling weird. Topics that usually fall under the “socially awkward” conversations may […]

Venturing into the Kink Community

Posted by on June 8, 2013
Jun 082013

Venturing into the Kink Community

By AliceSin Aerie

Whether you have just stumbled into a new fascination or have been a long time private player, starting out in the social world of the kink community can be daunting. Some basic information will help you put your best foot forward.

May 172013

Transgender: Queer, Fluid and Beautiful

Recently, I read the book “Feminism is Queer” which explored the intersections between feminist and queer theory from a theoretical standpoint. There was an entire section devoted to the topic of gender and I couldn’t help but to feel inspired to talk about how gender ties into oppression and feminism in so, so many different […]